With the COVID-19 pandemic raging since 2020, healthcare awareness has been the top of the mind of societies in Hong Kong as well as globally. Although the restrictions are easing up, we are now living a new norm in both our social and business lives.
MAYCHAM is honoured and privileged to have the opportunity to invite Professor Yeoh Eng Kiong, Director, Centre for Health Systems and Policy Research, JC School of Public Health and Primary Care, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, and the former Secretary for Health, Welfare and Food, Health, Welfare and Food Bureau, Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (pls refer to Speaker Information for Prof EK Yeoh's full experiences) to be the speaker for MAYCHAM's next coveted Nasi Lemak Talk.
This talk will be moderated by our very own esteemed member, Dr Yong Boon Hun,Head of Department and Honorary Consultant Anaesthesiologist at Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital.
Join us in Prof EK Yeoh's Privileged Journey of Learning for Health
Key topics include :
- A narrative of the Malaysian Foundations equipping his 5 transitions in the learning of how health is produced for 'all'.
- Learning in adapting and embracing the transition to a very different socio-cultural environment.
- Growing as a Consultant Physician in a major public hospital responsible for providing specialist medical services.
- Transiting to leading in change management as the first Chief Executive in the newly corporatised and merger of the public hospital system.
- Developing political knowledge and skills to improve livelihood as Secretary of Health Welfare and Food.
- Acquiring the capacity to synthesise and generate the knowledge for 'Health - for - All'.
Details for the event are as follow:
Date : 30 November 2022, Wednesday
Time 7:00PM to 10:00PM (Registration begins at 6:30PM)
Venue : Grand Ballroom, 2/F, New World Millennium Hotel
72 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Members Ticket : HK$500/pax
Non-Members Ticket : HK$600/pax
Members Table Booking : HK$5900/table of 12
Non-Members Table Booking : HK$7100/table of 12
A sumptuous Nasi Lemak dinner with free flow of Luo Han Guo Herbal Tea and Lotus Leaf, Winter Melon and Coix Seed Water will be served during the event.
- All guests MUST use "Leave Home Safe" app to enter
- All guests must have at least 3-doses of Covid-19 vaccination
- Guests are required to provide the vaccination QR code on arrival and with the BLUE colour code.
- All guests need to produce a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), taken on the day itself with proper labelling of name/date/time
This is one event that you would not want to miss! Seats are limited, so sign up now before it's full.
See you there!
The Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (HK & Macau)