ABOUT THE SERIES
The 'Unspeakable Series' is a thought leadership series on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. CanChamHK is pleased to partner with Manulife, a leading Canadian company in Hong Kong that is driving DE&I. Colliers, a global leader in real estate services and investment management is our Supporting Ally. Through a series of panel discussions, we aim to bring awareness to DE&I topics in the workplace and in the community. By sharing experiences we can support and encourage change around us.
"DIVERSITY is having a seat at the table, INCLUSION is having a voice, and BELONGING is having that voice be heard."
- Liz Fosslien & Mollie West Duffy
ABOUT THE EPISODE
Join CanChamHK in partnership with Manulife and supporting ally, Colliers, for the second episode of 'The Unspeakable Series: Conversations about DE&I'.
In episode 2 we will highlight the inequalities and unspoken truths that prevent the inclusion of the LGBTQIA+ individuals on their personal journeys within the communities and in our society. The communities include Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, or those questioning their gender identity or sexual orientation.
The panel will discuss:
- The less visible members of this community and their current situations in Hong Kong
- Unspoken inequalities and misconceptions on gender identities and sexual orientations
- The absence of laws against discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity in Hong Kong
- The feelings behind disclosure at the workplace and the intersectional approach companies could adopt to generate new understandings
- LGBTQIA+ history in Hong Kong and the cultural differences (HK & the Region)
- Personal experiences in regards to their family, their workplace and their community